- Ormiston Denes Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,672 - £20,541 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 26 November 2018 09:00 AM
37 hpw, 39 weeks per year.
Fixed term until 31 December 2019 (in the first instance).
Ormiston Denes is a thriving and ambitious academy, rapidly moving towards Ofsted 'Outstanding'. We place a high value on staff development, both in teaching and leadership, and we are looking for a committed, talented individual to join our Raising Achievement Team to work with and inspire our next generation. This role would have the potential to lead to future support through teacher training.
You will be joining a well-resourced, supportive academy full of excellent practitioners, keen to share best practice and continue moving forward. We also work collaboratively with other Ormiston Academies, both locally and nationally. This ensures we are at the leading edge of the latest developments and are able to deliver the highest quality career professional development, and provide progression opportunities within the Trust.
In this role you will be working as part of a Raising Achievement Team; led by the Director of Year 11 and backed by a supportive SLT, keen to ensure your success.
Our aim is for every student to make outstanding progress in every subject that they take. Your part in this will be supporting students with their core subjects and ensuring that students are organised, motivated and equipped with the skills to fully prepare themselves for controlled assessments and examinations.
If you are looking to work in education and feel you have the qualities to meet the demands of this highly rewarding position, then we wish to hear from you.
We are looking for a team player who:
- has a passion for working with young people and is looking for a potential career in education
- is patient, self-motivating and wanting to inspire others
- has the ability to reflect and learn from others
- is strong in either English or mathematics and at least competent in the other
- has the highest aspirations for all young people - wanting to see young people succeed
- enjoys working as part of a team to ensure the success of students and the academy.
In return Ormiston Denes Academy will offer you:
- a thriving, innovative learning community, committed to excellence
- a supportive, welcoming community of professionals
- extensive development and collaboration opportunities, throughout the Ormiston network.
For further details, an informal discussion with the Director of Year 11, or to make arrangements to visit the academy, please contact Dawn Carver via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. (01502) 574474.
For more information on Ormiston Academies Trust please visit: www.ormistonacademiestrust.co.uk
Application packs are available for download at: www.ormistondenes.co.uk/about-us/vacancies
Interview date: w/c 26 November 2018.
Ormiston Denes Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.