- Saxmundham Free School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £15,960 - £20,166 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 28 January 2019 09:00 AM
We are seeking an enthusiastic and flexible Science Technician (with a keen interest in the subject) to provide technical support and assistance to students and staff within our Science Department. Experience of working in such an environment, and a qualification in Science is desirable but not essential.
• work within current specific Health and Safety standards, with an awareness of COSHH regulations
• work directly with the science teaching staff to prepare, maintain and order resources and provide technical assistance and advice to teachers and students as required
• carry out maintenance, audits and stock-taking of apparatus and equipment
• ensure the safe storage and disposal of chemicals and waste
• be able to carry out risk assessments for laboratory work
• provide administrative assistance to the department teaching staff.
You will be educated to at least GCSE with maths and English at C or above and ideally have an A Level or equivalent science qualification. You will be an effective team player but able to work well independently too.
We will offer you:
• an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation, where you will have access to promotion opportunities and superb professional development across all three free schools
• a happy and supportive work environment, with high expectations of staff and students and a competitive salary based on skills and experience.
Please feel free to visit the school any time during the day by calling them directly (01728) 633910 to arrange an appointment.
For more information about Saxmundham Free School, please visit: www.saxmundhamfreeschool.org.uk
For further details and an application pack, please visit our website: www.sffst.org.uk/jobs or call HR on (01394) 615167.
Please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Dept, Marryott House, Burkitt Road, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 4JJ; please specify which role you are applying for.
We reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date so please submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
The Seckford Foundation Free Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).