- Saxmundham Free School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £15,960 - £20,166 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 03 June 2019 09:00 AM
We are seeking an enthusiastic and flexible Science Technician (who has a keen interest in the subject) to provide technical support and assistance to students and staff within our Science Department. Experience of working in such an environment, and a qualification in science is desirable but not essential.
- work within current specific Health and Safety standards, with an awareness of COSHH regulations
- work directly with the Science teaching staff to prepare, maintain and order resources and provide technical assistance and advice to teachers and students as required
- carry out maintenance, audits and stock-taking of apparatus and equipment
- ensure the safe storage and disposal of chemicals and waste
- be able to carry out risk assessments for laboratory work
- provide administrative assistance to the department teaching staff
- be educated to at least GCSE with mathematics and English at C or above and ideally have an A Level or equivalent science qualification
- be an effective team player but able to work well independently too.
We will offer you:
- an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation, where you will have access to promotion opportunities and superb professional development across all three free schools
- a happy and supportive work environment, with high expectations of staff and students and a competitive salary based on skills and experience.
For any questions, please call HR on (01394) 615167. Please feel free to visit the school any time during the day, by calling them directly on (01728) 633910 to arrange an appointment.
For more information about Saxmundham Free School, please visit: www.saxmundhamfreeschool.org.uk
To apply, please visit: www.sffst.org.uk/jobs or call (01394) 615167 to download an application pack.
Please return your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Dept, Marryott House, Burkitt Road, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 4JJ. Please specify which role you are applying for.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date for the right candidate.
The Seckford Foundation Free Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).