- Ormiston Denes Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,065 - £18,795 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 17 July 2019 12:00 PM
Required from September 2019.
35 hpw, 40 weeks per year; term time plus 2 weeks (including 5 PD days). Flexible working available.
Ormiston Denes is a thriving and ambitious academy, rapidly moving towards Ofsted Outstanding. We place a high value on staff development, both in teaching and leadership, and we are looking for a committed, talented individual to join our team of science technicians.
In this role you will be working in a fully staffed, supportive department, including a senior science technician, a head of department, two seconds in department, and a helpful senior leadership team (SLT), keen to see science prosper. In this role you will support the senior science technician with the efficient operation of all technical matters with the science department. Preparing, organising and maintaining materials and equipment. You will need to be enthusiastic, adaptable and a committed individual, with a flexible approach to your work and be willing to undertake a range of duties within the department.
Our aim is for every student to make outstanding progress in every subject. This is through receiving engaging teaching that focuses on engendering a love of learning. If you are looking to work in a vibrant academy which expects nothing but the best for its students, places a high value on the professional development of its staff, and feel you have the qualities to meet the demands of this rewarding position and love science, then we wish to hear from you.
We are looking for an individual who:
- has a passion for the importance of science and a special gift of communicating that passion
- is highly organised and with a calm nature
- has the ability to support outstanding lessons across the age and ability range
- has the highest expectations for the attainment of all young people
- enjoys working as part of a team to ensure the success of the department and the academy
- is driven to relentlessly remove barriers to students' success.
In return Ormiston Denes Academy will offer you:
- a thriving, innovative learning community, committed to excellence
- a supportive, welcoming community of professionals
- extensive support and development opportunities
- full training, including the opportunity to complete an on the job modern apprenticeship.
For more information on Ormiston Academies Trust visit www.ormistonacademiestrust.co.uk
For further details, an informal discussion with the head of science and / or the senior science technician, or to make arrangements to visit the academy, please contact Dawn Carver via email at: email@example.com or call (01502) 574474.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section or alternatively it is available on our website: www.ormistondenes.co.uk/about-us/vacancies
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.