- Felixstowe Academy
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 07 September 2021 09:00 AM
- £20,092- £21,748 pro rata (£17,921- £19,402 pa)
- 8am – 4pm, 37 hours per week, 41 weeks per year.
- Required as soon as possible.
We are seeking to appoint a Student Support Manager to join our superb Student Services team.
You will be required to:
- Work with individual students to overcome barriers to their learning
- Liaise with external support agencies to ensure that individual needs are met
- Contribute to the safeguarding and the promotion of the personal care of our students
- Assist in the overall raising of standards of achievement through raising students’ esteem, expectations and aspirations.
This is an exciting time to join our journey of improvement and play a key part in transforming the lives of our young people.
- work independently but contribute to a strong team ethos
- be willing to work flexible
- have excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for supporting young people
- have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
- be resilient, hard working and self-motivated
- be a committed team player who is organised and practical.
- be committed to Felixstowe School's ethos
- be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
You will join a friendly and welcoming team which is forward thinking, innovative and passionate about supporting young people and their families. The team prides itself on working together and supporting students to remove barriers to learning, and maximise their access to the many excellent opportunities available, and is keen to appoint a colleague who shares a similar ethos.
Felixstowe School is set within a new site and boasts bright classrooms and excellent facilities. The Student Services area is central to the school, located just off the Atrium main dining area. The area was completely refurbished as a student-centred hub in the spring term 2020 to ensure that the Student Services team, and students had access to a bright and welcoming area. The team work in tandem with the wider Student Support team, overseen by an Assistant Headteacher who also line manages SEND and our Access class provision. The Deputy Headteacher Student Support ultimately oversees the entire Student Support area. This brings in the Sixth Form, Careers, and SMSC/ PSHE for a truly cohesive and overarching Student Support Team that has a wide and far-reaching impact across the school.
For more information about the school visit: www.fxa.org.uk
For more information on our Trust, Unity Schools Partnership, visit the Trust website: www.unitysp.co.uk
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact Julie Cumberland on 01394 288228.
To apply, please visit: https://candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/133118SJD
If you are a current employee of Unity Schools Partnership, please use the following link to apply: https://candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/133118INT
Interview date: w/c 13 September 2021.
Unity Schools Partnership is committed to safer recruitment, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
Unity Schools Partnership, welcoming diversity.