- King Edward VI School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £19,819 - £21,693* pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 24 April 2019 12:00 PM
30hpw, 39 weeks per year (term time plus 1).
We are the Local Authority's secondary provision for Hearing Impaired students in West Suffolk. As part of this resource, we require a flexible, conscientious and enthusiastic person to join our successful Learning Support team.
You will be supporting students with a range of hearing impairments and a British Sign Language qualification is essential.
Ideally, you will:
- have good literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- have experience of working in a secondary school environment
- have experience working with young people who have emotional and behavioural difficulties
- have experience of close working with students either on a 1 - 1 basis or in small groups
- have experience supporting students identified as having additional needs
- be working towards (or aspiring to) BSL Level 2
- have GCSE, or level 2 equivalent. in Mathematics and English.
While these attributes are desirable, they are not essential when applying for this role.
Visits to the school are welcome, to arrange and appointment or for an informal conversation about the role, please contact either Debbie Quick, Learning Support Administrator at: email@example.com or Greg Thomson, Teacher of the Deaf at: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, you can call us on (01284) 761393.
*£13,640 - £14,929 actual.
During the Easter holidays, please contact Sarah Trueman, HR and Training Manager at: email@example.com or by telephone on (01284) 716180, option 3.
For more information and to download an application form, please visit our website: www.king-ed.suffolk.sch.uk/staff-vacancies
Completed application forms should be returned via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 30 April 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.