- The Albany PRU
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £18,426 - £19,171 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 09 September 2019 12:00 PM
37 hpw, 39 weeks per year. Part time hours considered. Fixed term for one year in first instance.
Believe. Engage. Achieve.
'Thumbs up to a new beginning!'
- Are you an agent of change?
- Do you have a growth mind-set; believing anything is possible if you put your mind to it?
- Do you want to help young people with social and emotional difficulties re-engage with learning to enhance their life choices?
- Can you help them to believe in themselves, engage with their learning and achieve highly?
If the answer is yes, we want you to work with us to help transform the lives of our young people and their families.
As an LSA, you will play a significant part in helping co-create sustainable change in our students, building their 'passport to their future'.
You will be:
- confident working with students within a classroom environment and supporting colleagues
- able to work on your own with small groups / individuals on learning activities and enrichment programmes, outside the classroom, including literacy and numeracy catch-up
- working with KS3 and KS4 students who are at risk of exclusion or who are highly disaffected with education, to help them successfully re-integrate back into mainstream school or a post 16 destination.
At The Albany, we take learning beyond the classroom, using the local area as our teaching resource so you need to have access to your own transport.
We can offer creative and personalised CPD, a great wellbeing package and a fantastic team to work in, as well as opportunities to develop yourself and your career further.
Please note that the school is closed until 2 September 2019. Should you wish to discuss the post before then, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Interview date: w/c 16 September 2019.