- Hampden House PRU
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £19,171 - £20,344 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 02 September 2019 01:00 PM
Do you enjoy a challenge?
Do you thrive on working with children and young people who need support and care combined with clear boundaries and expectations?
As a pupil referral unit that offers residential placements Hampden House is unique. Ofsted has judged our residential provision to be 'Good' on their last two inspections. We have space for 12 residential boys and 18 day boys with Social Emotional and Mental Health needs, aged 8-14.
We are currently on an exciting journey: Firstly, one of rapid improvement; secondly, one of growth and development, as part of the Local Authority's overall strategy for SEND provision in Suffolk.
We employ Teaching Assistants during the school day and Residential Child Care Officers out of school hours. Several of our staff are employed in both roles.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated candidates to work in either role (part time) or both roles (total possible hours 36 per week).
You will be capable of using your own initiative and working closely with children, colleagues, parents/carers and outside agencies.
It is essential that you:
- have a good standard of English and mathematics (GCSE grade C or equivalent) and computer skills
- can communicate effectively with adults and young people
- are a dedicated and positive team player
- have the ability to remain calm under pressure
- are keen to learn and able to work on your own initiative
- are reliable, co-operative, flexible and enthusiastic
- Residential Child Care Officer applicants only: You are willing to undertake, or already hold, a level 3 Diploma in Childcare.
If you would like to work with us please feel free to book an appointment to visit.
For further information please call (01787) 373583 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return the completed applications via email: email@example.com or post for the attention of the Headteacher, stating which role(s) you are applying for.
Interview date: w/c 9 September 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.