- Riverwalk School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 21 January 2021 12:00 PM
- £17,842 – £18,933 pro rata (actual salary £12,893 - £13,681 pa)
- 31.5 hpw, Monday - Friday 8.45am – 3.15pm. 1 hour for mandatory staff training each week (Monday 3.15pm – 4.15pm) and half hour each week for class team meeting (Thursday 3.15pm – 3.45pm)
- 39 weeks per year (5 PD days included)
Riverwalk School is part of the Believe Engage Succeed Academy Trust (BEST) working in a purpose-built school building with a new engaging curriculum.
We are seeking to appoint inspirational and creative Trainee Teaching Assistants who are:
- passionate about ensuring the highest quality learning for children with Complex Needs and Severe Learning Difficulties
- willing to take on board the extensive training that is on offer
- good role models for the students and fellow colleagues.
What the role entails
- As part of a class-based team you will need to be motivated, enthusiastic and creative as well as resilient with a significant sense of fun. Play is an important part of the therapeutic approach. Your role is to facilitate access to learning for SEND pupils across the school
- You will support teaching and learning, working with small groups and one-to-one as required. This is a challenging role, but incredibly rewarding as part of a team which works together to make a real positive difference to the lives of our children with SEND.
To progress within the school staffing structure staff will need to achieve the minimum qualification requirements, including Level 2 in English and mathematics
Whilst we are predominantly looking for full time staff, applications at this grade would also be welcomed from candidates who would like to be considered for part time positions or could be employed on a casual basis as supply staff.
We cannot offer our usual full visits to the school at the moment, but you are more than welcome to contact us to have an informal discussion or arrange a socially distanced meeting at the school to discuss the role.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com alternatively please visit the Riverwalk website: www.riverwalk.org.uk for more information and follow the links for access to our application form, job description and privacy notice concerning job applicants.
If applicants have not heard from the school by 28 January 2021, they should assume that they have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Interview date: 5 February 2021.
Riverwalk School safeguards and promotes the welfare of students and requires all staff and visitors to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Please note that our school and office will be closed for the Christmas holidays from Friday 18 December and will reopen on Monday 4 January 2021.