- St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocesan Multi Academy Trust
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £24,174 - £31,601
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 31 October 2017
37 hpw, 52 weeks per year.
- Are you looking for a varied finance role where no two days are the same?
- Are you confident with financial accounting systems?
- Do you enjoy problem solving and customer support?
- Are you good at meeting deadlines?
If so, this could be the role just for you.
We are looking for an exceptional Business and Finance Officer to join our proactive and supportive central team at St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocesan Multi Academy Trust (MAT).
The MAT currently has 14 schools and seeks another Business and Finance Officer to help us provide financial management support to our schools and to our directors.
As well as undertaking financial procedures, recording financial transactions and providing support, the role involves liaison with school business managers, headteachers and suppliers. The role is office based in Ipswich town centre but also includes travel to our schools across rural Suffolk to provide on-site support.
We require the following experience and qualities:
- Comprehensive experience of using accounting systems and completing financial procedures with minimum of supervision i.e. recording financial transactions, processing journals and reconciliations
- Experience of budget preparation and financial forecasts
- Skilled at using Excel spreadsheets and devising templates
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and effectively and disseminate to others
- Ability to meet deadlines and work flexibly
- Ability to work with others in a supportive and professional manner
- Numeracy skills with minimum of GCSE mathematics grade A - C
- Equivalent of Association of Accounting Technicians or working towards
- Good communication skills including ability to write clear business English
- Trustworthy, reliable and conscientious
- Ability to travel throughout Suffolk.
Benefits of joining us include:
- Local Government conditions of service including the Local Government pension scheme
- childcare voucher scheme
- opportunities of working in a growing organisation
- friendly and supportive team.
For an informal chat, please contact Michelle Roots, Business and Finance Manager on (01473) 298539.
For more information, please see the job description and person specification on our website: www.cofesuffolkmat.org/vacancies
Applications will only be accepted on our application forms, please do not apply online or send CVs.
Interview date: 13 November 2017.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.