- Ipswich Borough Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £33,402 - £35,509 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 25 February 2019 01:00 PM
Fixed term for 6 months.
An opportunity has arisen within Maintenance and Contracts as our Senior Maintenance Manager, leading multi-disciplined teams covering a wide array of activities. The duties will include efficiently and effectively deploying resources and providing support to the Operational Manager and Principle Contracts Manager. You will develop our teams to their full potential using performance frameworks, training and development programmes. Further detail of the reporting lines and responsibilities is shown on the structure chart. Please note the current job description may be subject to minor changes. In return we can provide you with opportunities to build your career, be part of a committed team and make a real difference to the people of Ipswich.
Working from the Maintenance and Contracts head office at Gipping House, you will line manage the Community Caretaker Manager; Stores Manager; Repairs and Void Inspectors; Joinery Mill; and be involved with Health, Safety and Wellbeing; Facilities Management; Fleet Management; Training and Development; Out of Hours Service; Performance Monitoring and Service Improvement.
You will be required to:
- deputise for the Principal Contract Manager, Revenue
- undertake one-off projects, e.g. mobilisation of contracts
- write / review policies and procedures
- represent / chair meetings on behalf of Maintenance and Contracts
- define procurement needs and ensure value for money outcomes.
As well as undertake any other duties that are within your capabilities.
Ideally, you will:
- hold a degree or an NVQ Level 6, in a managerial or professional / technical field and have 3 years' experience in the construction industry
- have a good understanding of Health and Safety law
- have a track record of service delivery
- have a broad knowledge of construction / building technology and the ability to apply your understanding of contract requirements to ensure works are completed in the most cost-effective way.
- be able to demonstrate an up-to-date knowledge of technical and procedural developments
- be able to use a wide range of ICT operating systems.
For more information about this role please contact Steven Fisher on (01473) 432775 or email: email@example.com
Apply online at: www.ipswich.gov.uk/jobs where you will need to log in or sign up to 'My Ipswich' to complete the online application form for this vacancy.
Interview date: w/c 4 March 2019.