- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See advert details
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Zero Hours
- Zero Hours
- Closing date:
- 07 February 2021 11:30 PM
As and when required, flexible, zero hour contract.
We have positions available across Suffolk, so you can work in and cover your local area.
Home First, Adult and Community Services.
Home First is our in-house care and reablement support service in the council, which supports the most vulnerable people in Suffolk.
As part of our service, you would help us assist people to regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living in their own homes for longer.
In this role, you will:
- create and maintain positive relationships with customers and family carers
- promote health, wellbeing and independence to the customer
- develop the independence of customers through care plans / short term enablement plans
- provide general advice and guidance to customers to help them to make informed choices
- at times, assist customers with dignified and intimate personal care needs
- engage with customers, family carers and others to promote alternative ways to meet and maintain their long-term needs
- promote a range of services to help people live independently and safely at home
- monitor customers progress against care plans and complete records for the ongoing review process.
The main aim is to help people regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living in their own homes for longer.
To be a part of the bank, it is essential you hold a Care Certificate and Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification.
We offer you:
- excellent rates of pay including enhanced rates for bank holidays
- free induction training
- free uniform and DBS (CRB) check
- paid mileage (45p) and paid travel time
- refer a friend bonus (T&Cs apply)
- a mobile phone
- a wide range of benefits including local authority pension, high street discounts and car lease scheme (T&Cs apply).
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For a conversation about the positions we have available, please call either:
- Simone Murrell on (01449) 742871 or Tracy Anderson on (01473) 260442.
Please read the Job and Person Profile for this post before applying.
Apply by uploading your CV and submitting a short online application form.
We will review your application as soon as you submit it and if successful, start you as soon as possible.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.