- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £31,401 - £33,907 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Negotiable up to 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 19 December 2018 01:00 PM
- Post 1: 37 hpw, 12 months fixed term, Felixstowe Team, 108 Queens Road, IP11 7PG.
- Post 2: 18.5 hpw, 12 months fixed term, South Rural Team, Landmark House, IP1 5PB.
- Post 3: 37 hpw, permanent, Eye Team, Hartismere Hospital, IP23 7BH.
Hours are negotiable.
As a professional, you will play a key role in promoting personalisation, independence, wellbeing and choice by providing a Social Care service to customers.
- promote independence, wellbeing and choice for customers
- carry out high-quality assessment and agreement of physical, psychological and environmental needs, in order to promote independence within our statutory obligations
- offer service in line with the principles of Supporting Lives Connecting Communities (SLCC); promoting self-support, reablement and personalisation
- carry out complex asset-based assessments / reviews and STEPs (Short Term Enablement Plans)
- work with and support a wide range of people whose situations are complex and challenging and who are vulnerable or disadvantaged in some way
- act as a role model to unqualified staff, contributing to the implementation of further change required across the system (e.g. Health Integration and the Care Act)
- work as a Practice / Policy Champion and mentor
- act as supervisor to a small number of IWPs (Independent Wellbeing Practitioners).
In addition, you will monitor and review the effects of individual STEP plans; ensuring the provision of high-quality and appropriate services, to provide a professional OT voice when working closely with a wide range of internal and external partners to identify services appropriate to the individual; and ensure all parties are engaged throughout the support planning and delivery of services.
This is an exciting time for Adult and Community Services and we are currently recruiting following a redesign of our social care service, putting in place locality and partnership working, and enhancing our integration with health. Our redesign keeps the residents of Suffolk at the centre of what we do.
Relevant Occupational Therapist qualification and HCPC registration are essential.
You will be required to travel frequently in rural areas, so you must hold a full valid driving licence and have access to personal transport.
* The salary ranges are in line with our ACS (Adult Community Services) Social Work Services Progression Scheme.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call either Caroline Copping on (01449) 742885 or Irene Smith on (01473) 263205 or regarding the Eye vacancy contact Barry Gibson on 07940446344.
Applications will be reviewed, assessed and progressed as and when they are submitted before the closing date.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying.
Please indicate within your application the specific post/s you are applying for, in line with the post number in the Job and Person Profile found on the Suffolk Jobs Direct website.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.