- Avenues Group
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £18,650 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 05 February 2020 01:00 PM
37 hpw covering different shifts (days, evenings and nights) spread across the week, weekends and bank holidays. Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
Based in Ipswich, Felixstowe, Stowmarket and the surrounding areas.
We put people first.
Avenues Group is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life and live as independently as possible in their own homes.
We have a fantastic opportunity for two Senior Support Workers to join our Community Support Services supporting children, young people and adults with learning and physical disabilities, acquired brain injuries, sensory impairments and complex health needs.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will:
- accompany the people we support to activities, appointments etc.
- lead the Outreach Support team towards providing a high-quality service
- help oversee the smooth day-to-day running of the service which includes rota planning, shift leading, overseeing keyworker meetings and planning activities
- provide personal care (e.g. using the toilet, bathing).
Due to the nature of this role, it is essential that you hold a full valid UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
- Have an understanding of and experience with supporting people with disabilities
- Be able to demonstrate a positive approach to Active Support
- Be able to effectively supervise and develop staff
- Hold a full valid driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Share our values of 'Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride'
- Be caring and sympathetic
- Be passionate about supporting others.
Full training will be provided, and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one. In addition:
- Pay for your enhanced criminal records disclosure
- Provide personal training and development
- Refer a friend bonus scheme - earn up to £350 (T&Cs apply)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme - if you join, we contribute to and life cover is provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, increasing one day per completed financial years' service up to a maximum of 33 days inclusive bank holidays (pro rata)
- Discount scheme on various high street shops including new airtime O2 contracts (T&Cs apply).
Apply today to find out more about careers with Avenues and how you can make a positive difference to someone's life.
To apply, please visit our website: careers.avenuesgroup.org.uk