- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £20,903 (pro rata for part time)
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 27 October 2020 11:30 PM
We are looking for a Duty Coordinator to join our expanding Specialist Social Care Team. The team works with connected persons carers, privately fostered children and their carers.
As a duty coordinator you will support the team with the day to day tasks involved in managing referrals, requests for assessments, recording and data management and managing calls into the team from other professionals, members of the public and carers.
- liaise with carers, children and young people by telephone and potentially face to face to offer support and guidance where appropriate and seek guidance from the duty social worker or management team where required.
- undertake initial checks and administrative tasks associated with new referrals for assessment and private fostering notifications
- manage duty phone calls from other professionals and agencies and be able to respond to queries and or signpost for support
- provide support and signposting for carers by telephone
- provide support to the Consultant Social Workers and Practice Manager with maintaining relevant data and statistical information to inform decision making
- provide support to the Consultant Social Workers and Practice Manager to ensure oversight of timescales for assessments and required pieces of work for connected persons fostering and private fostering
- support social workers and management in providing accurate and up to date records within Liquid Logic, reports and assessments
- engage in team activities and planning which benefits the team and the families and young people we work with.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Sam Lockwood (01473) 265025 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.