- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 28 February 2019 01:00 PM
Suffolk County Council are currently recruiting for a Family Support Practitioner to join the South Lowestoft Early Help Team.
- be a dedicated professional committed to keeping the child or young person’s needs central to your work, focussing on improving outcomes for families
- deliver high quality parenting and family support services to vulnerable families, both in their homes and in other locations
- work in partnership with a variety of agencies and taking a whole family approach
- supports supervised contact, case holding, Common Assessment Framework cases and multi-agency working.
You will have a suitable practitioner level qualification at level 3, or equivalent experience of working with children across agencies as well as community experience, preferably in a health / education setting.
You will have excellent communication skills, be able to prioritise your workload, work on your own initiative and also as part of a team. You will also need a good understanding of IT.
For an informal discussion, please contact our office requesting to speak to Caren Elvin or Louise Leech on (01502) 674747.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.