- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Landmark House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £19,819 pro rata for part time
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 02 May 2019 01:00 PM
Post 1: 37 hpw, permanent.
Post 2: 37 hpw, secondment cover until September 2019.
Post 3: 22.2 hpw, secondment cover until September 2020.
Please state in your application which post you are applying for.
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Family Support Practitioners to join a busy Early Help Team in Ipswich
- work directly with children, young people and families using the Suffolk Signs of Safety framework to effect positive outcomes
- be solution focussed in your practice; helping families to identify their own strengths and their ability to move forward
- assess risk and take appropriate action
- be a key contact for the family, liaising with professionals to provide a joined-up approach
- support statutory processes, working alongside Social Workers and Health colleagues
- manage a caseload, prioritise need and respond appropriately
- have direct experience of working with children / young people and families.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
For an informal discussion, please contact Carol Davey on (01473) 263295.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
Interview date: 14 May 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.