- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- 37 and 25 per week
- Closing date:
- 26 February 2020 11:30 PM
2 vacancies available, 37 and 25 hours per week.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Recruitment, Assessment & Matching Team for Adoption Stage 1 and Fostering.
- be part of a team undertaking events around the County to promote the need for more Adopters and Foster Carers to support Suffolk’s Children in Care
- support the assessment and preparation of prospective foster carers and adopters across the county
- work closely with social workers, consultant social workers and practice manager, and our communication team to build on the Fostering and Adoption Service “Outstanding“ Ofsted rating
- have an ability to work across departments, disciplines and organisations and have effective communication skills which would the enable successful candidates to play a key role in driving Suffolk’s recruitment agenda.
We are currently in need of foster carers for children 11+ alongside Adopters for older children 3+, your ability to maximise opportunities to recruit prospective carers for this group is central and will reflect your understanding of service needs and reforms facing the fostering and adoption sector. Flexibility, passion, high levels of motivation and an innovative and creative approach will support implementation of our recruitment strategies whilst seeking new opportunities to promote this high-quality service in achieving sustainable changes for children.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Claire Gwatkin on (01473) 264920 or email: email@example.com
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.