- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds Children's Home; Ipswich Children's Home; Stowmarket Children's Home
- Salary details:
- £19,819* pro rata
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- See advert details
- Closing date:
- 29 November 2018 01:00 PM
We are currently recruiting for Residential Childcare Workers on full and part time contracts in Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft.
Vacancies available include:
- Days - full and part time
- Nights - part time
- Weekends - part time
- Casual (relief) - as and when required.
You will bring your personality, skills and experience to work and help our children and young people develop, grow and have fulfilling lives. Making sure they feel welcome, cared for, safe and happy; something we could never do without you as part of our great team.
Working in an environment that builds positive relationships and empowers the young people to work towards a better future; developing their social skills with educational and vocational activities and a range of life experiences.
You will need to challenge unacceptable behaviour, provide firm boundaries and provide care which meets individual needs.
There are also excellent ongoing opportunities to take up additional hours / overtime.
We offer you:
- free DBS checking
- free induction training
- free industry-leading training and support
- enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- paid sick leave
- a Local Government Pension Scheme
- access to the Staff Benefits Discount Scheme
- 23 days annual leave which increases with long service
- opportunities to progress, as many of our senior roles are filled internally.
You will be:
- self-driven and resourceful, who works well with others
- good at communicating
- able to relate well to other people
- flexible, calm and emotionally resilient.
You need to be aware that:
- all our homes are open 365 days of the year, and you will be required to work on a rota for days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays unless you are a night worker who will be required to work on their designated nights every week and every third Saturday
- holding a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Child Care would be desirable, but not essential
- you will be required to travel, so you must hold a valid and full driving licence and be willing to drive.
Please read the job description as well as the job role and shift patterns for this post before applying.
Please clearly indicate on your application the location and position you are applying for.
* plus £1,255 per year, pro rata for part time, for working weekends as part of your rota pattern. £10.27 ph for casual contracts (relief), but no rota pattern, applies or additional weekend payment.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.