- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds Children's Home; Ipswich Children's Home; Stowmarket Children's Home
- Salary details:
- £20,344* (pro rata for part time hours)
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 26 June 2019 01:00 PM
Join us in impacting upon young people’s lives by being creators of positive change.
We are looking for self-driven, flexible and emotionally resilient people who will bring their personality, skills, and experience to help our children and young people develop, grow and have fulfilling lives. We make it an absolute priority that each and every child and young person who walks through our doors feels welcome, cared for, safe and happy, and you will be an integral part of that process.
Our homes are open 365 days a year and you will be required to work on a rota days, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays, unless you are a night worker who will be required to work on their designated nights every week and every third Saturday.
It would be desirable, but not essential, if you already have Level 3 Diploma in Residential Child Care, however if this is not the case, full support will be provided for you to achieve this qualification. We also welcome applicants with experience and qualifications in elderly care, health care, domiciliary care, residential care and learning support assistant.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions in our Children’s Homes;
- Full Time Practitioner (37 Hours per week)
- Part Time Practitioner (18.5 Hours per week)
- Night Only Practitioner (21 Hours per week)
- Weekend Practitioner (9 Hours per week)
- Relief Practitioner (Casual Hours)
At the following locations:
- Bury St Edmunds
For an informal discussion please call Joseph Cox on (01473) 263934 (Ipswich), Michele Green on (01284) 741280 (Bury St Edmunds) or Tony Gill (01473) 260004 (Stowmarket).
* plus £2,158.90 per year, pro rata for part time, for working weekends as part of your rota pattern. £10.55 ph for casual contracts (relief), but no rota pattern applies or additional weekend payment.
Please see the Job and Person Profile for more details.
Please clearly indicate on your application the location and position you are applying for.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.