- Leading Lives
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £8.21 ph
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 06 September 2019 01:00 PM
15 - 37 hpw.
Are you passionate about ensuring the best opportunities for vulnerable adults with complex needs? Do you want to work for an award-winning social care company?
We are recruiting for exceptional individuals who will work across our services in the Bury St Edmunds area.
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting a range of customers to live independently and complete day-to-day activities
- Identifying and assist with opportunities within the local community
- Providing intimate personal care according to individual needs
- Maintaining dignity and respect at all times
- Communicating effectively and sensitively with customers
- Liaising effectively with families and carers
- Where appropriate, administering medication in line with company policy.
Whilst experience in a similar organisation / role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
- an award-winning, employee-owned social enterprise
- a competitive salary, which rises after successful probation
- a competitive company pension scheme, matching up to 8%
- paid training and a full induction
- holiday, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
- occupational sick pay
- flexible working opportunities
- free parking across all our sites.
We are a multiple award winner in the Suffolk Care Awards, as well as being a previous winner of the Health and Social Care Social Enterprise of the Year and Employee Ownership Awards.
If you are kind, patient and believe in promoting the rights of people with learning disabilities and supporting them to lead happy, independent lives, we would love to hear from you.
All Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS and barred list checks.
Further information is available on our website or alternatively, please call (01473) 406776.
To apply, please visit our website: www.leadinglives.org.uk