- Orwell Housing
- Place of work:
- See advert details
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 23 October 2020 01:00 PM
£19,044 pro rata, plus mileage.
Including waking nights, sleep-ins and weekends.
Care to join us? ... Together We Make a Difference
We want to try something different….…. Do you?
Here at Orwell we have some brand-new job roles in our amazing Learning Disabilities teams.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and person-centered Support Worker to join us in working across the following Services:
- Ipswich - Eccles Road & Talmash Gardens
- Haughley - Balfour House
- Woodbridge - Fitzwilliam Close,
- East Bergholt - Idaway
- Felixstowe - Savile Court
The purpose of this role is to be available to work across six of our services on a planned and sometimes unplanned rota. This provides a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is experienced in working with people with learning disabilities, enjoys the everyday challenges that the role brings and gets great job satisfaction in supporting people to live their lives in a variety of settings.
These roles are key to ensuring our tenants are supported with individualised flexible and responsive support and you will work closely with Service Managers and other team members to ensure an excellent service is delivered.
Your responsibilities will include:
- supporting tenants with everyday domestic and leisure activities
- providing personal care
- administration and storage of medication
- travelling to any one of the LD Services as required
Our tenants’ ideal candidates will:
- have the ability to communicate and engage with them
- be passionate about making a difference in their lives
- have energy, humour and be fun to be with
- embrace and support people's individualities.
If you are enthusiastic, energetic and have an eagerness to help people live a happy and fulfilled life in their local community then we would love to hear from you.
What's in it for you?
- £19, 044 per year, pro rata (£9.64 per hour)
- 37 contracted hours per week with overtime available
- 45p per mile (first 10,000 miles) mileage claim (from agreed base)
- 22 days Annual Leave per year, plus Bank Holidays (pro rata, increasing with length of service)
- the opportunity to be a part of something truly special
- great training programme
- work with a silver accredited Investors in People and Best Companies listed organisation.
At Orwell, we welcome candidates from different industry backgrounds and can offer you flexible working and training.
What our people say about us…
“It’s such a rewarding job and I love making a difference”
- Beth, Support Worker – Balfour House
“I’m so supported by Orwell”
- Amy, Support Worker – Balfour House
“My job is interesting and sometimes challenging, but I love it!”
- Sue, Support Worker – Idaway
If you have the passion to deliver first rate care and support and the drive to make a difference get in touch today!
For further information on our services, and to apply, please visit our website: www.orwell-housing.co.uk
Interview date: w/c 26 October 2020.
Full PPE will be provided including certified face masks which are always required to be worn in line with current Public Health England guidelines.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.