- Suffolk Family Carers
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £22,462 pa pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 20 May 2019 09:00 AM
* Actual salary £18,212 pa based on 30 hpw. There is flexibility around working hours as well as a number of attractive employee benefits.
Fixed term until 31 March 2020.
Based in Claydon.
Suffolk Family Carers is a respected charity that is passionate about delivering services to meet the needs of family carers of all ages. We provide a range of services to support adult, young adult and young carers across Suffolk.
We are looking for a highly motivated Relevant Person's Representative (RPR) who has experience of representing vulnerable people with a wide range of needs, including differing communication needs. As an RPR you will be required to maintain contact with the relevant person, supporting them to understand the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS), how it affects them; and representing their wishes and advocating for them as appropriate.
Ideally, you will have worked in advocacy or similar role. You will have working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and DoLS framework.
You will have:
- experience and success of supporting and promoting the rights of vulnerable people and be able to use effective communication for a variety of complex communication needs
- excellent time management skills and be able to build effective positive relationships
- the ability to engage with a variety of people
- excellent IT skills with the ability to maintain accurate records.
Interested? We would like to hear from you. For informal enquiries, please contact Julie Ing, Adult Services Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply via our website: www.suffolkfamilycarers.org/work-with-us
Interview date: 28 May 2019.