- Suffolk Independent Living
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £9 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 29 March 2019 01:00 PM
5 hpw; alternate weekend days, 2-week rota; week 1 Saturday, week 2 Sunday; 9.30am - 2.30pm.
- show excellent initiative
- deliver all aspects of personal care
- be assisting my parents and other carers in the morning, during the day or in the evening
- need to have knowledge of posture, because I'm in a wheel chair all the time, I need to be positioned comfortably
- be taking me on outings for social occasions which will mean you will be driving my mobility car
- need to have a cheerful personality, as well as a reliable and trustworthy nature
- demonstrate excellent listening skills and have a good sense of humour.
Another very important part of your role will be ensuring I am receiving appropriate levels of nutrition and bolus water through a Gastrostomy tube. There may be the possibility of giving medication through the tube, too. Training for these tasks can be undertaken once in post if you do not have experience or are not confident with the equipment.
Please be aware that we have a dog so you will need to be dog friendly.
For further information and to apply please call: (01473) 603876 quoting SIL Ref: 4274