- West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £19,819 - £25,463*
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 24 February 2019 11:00 PM
At this stage the project will run at least until the end of 2019, however there is a commitment to continue beyond this point. Secondment opportunities will be considered.
The service will operate between the hours of 8am - 6pm daily.
Do you want to be part of an exciting model of holistic and person-centred community care?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Neighbourhood Nursing and Care team to deliver a holistic, community model of care at home. This project is inspired by a Dutch model of integrated health and care, known as Buurtzorg.
You will deliver integrated personal and health care to patients in a small geographical area around Bury St Edmunds. You will work within a team to provide holistic patient-centred care that promotes self-management, patient engagement and improves overall patient and staff satisfaction.
Working within a team, with strong support from your team members and a coach, you will deliver the best care to your patients.
The aim of the Neighbourhood Nursing and Care Team is to:
- keep people at the centre of decision-making about their care and support
- seek the best solutions which promote independence and streamline care more effectively
- focus not only on current needs of patients, but to also focus on preventing future problems
- take a holistic view which draws on patients formal and informal networks to allow individuals to stay in their homes and communities for as long as possible.
You will need to demonstrate a commitment to this way of working.
* Salary will be calculated on Agenda for Change and salary pay point according to NHS and social care experience, you will start on your current spine point. For Suffolk County Council staff salary will be at bottom of Grade 4 SCP 20, or current spinal point.
The project is being delivered by a coalition of partners including West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, West Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group, Suffolk County Council, Suffolk Community Healthcare, West Suffolk councils and the East of England LGA. West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust will be the employer.
For further information please contact Julie Harper, Community Project Nurse on 07940 444110.
To apply, please visit: www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/?vac_ref=915441376
The post holder will be required to show commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable individuals in line with Suffolk Safeguarding policy and procedures. Rigorous recruitment checks are carried out and where applicable to the role successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).