- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Landmark House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £32,029 - £34,585
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 20 February 2020 11:30 PM
Flexible working options available to support you, your career and work-life balance.
Take up this social work opportunity and you will be at the forefront of our integrated work with health, working as part of a co-located, integrated health and social care team. We are building on our locality and partnership work as part of a wider alliance to keep the residents of Suffolk at the centre of what we do and improve their outcomes.
Adult Community Services (ACS) operate in three localities (Ipswich and East, West and North) covering Suffolk, each with an area office based in a main town.
As part of Adult and Community Services (ACS), you will have the opportunity to empower Suffolk residents to lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives. You will strive to support independence amongst our customers, using our Signs of Safety and Wellbeing Practice Approach. This approach draws on strengths, resources and networks that people and families have, to identify and build solutions that work for them and respects people as experts in their own lives.
- play a key part in promoting personalisation, independence, wellbeing and choice by providing a social care service to people
- carry out complex asset-based assessments / reviews, short term enablement plans, care and support plans and safeguarding plans
- be responsible for managing a challenging caseload while operating at all times to the Social Worker level of Professional Capabilities Framework
- work within the policy and procedures of the Suffolk County Council under supervision
- be expected to exercise a high level of autonomous professional judgement and risk evaluation, taking responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of people accessing ACS services.
A relevant Social Work qualification and SWE registration is essential, along with continued professional development.
Relocation package of up to £8,000 is available, where agreed, to support you if you need to move to Suffolk.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only please contact Cath Minchin, South Rural Integrated Team Manager on 07512 192441.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.