- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £32,029 - £34,585
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 27 May 2020 01:00 PM
ACS (Adult Community Services) recruiting countywide for Senior Social Workers.
Working to find the right specialist service, team and location for you in Suffolk.
We recognise that our staff are our greatest resource and with you in our team, we can achieve some of our authority's priorities of enabling everyone to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives, while safeguarding the most vulnerable people in Suffolk.
As a professional Senior Social Worker, you will play a key role in promoting personalisation, independence, well-being and choice by providing a Social Care service to adults with care and support needs and their carers, carrying out complex strengths-based assessments/reviews, short term enablement plans, specialist mental capacity assessments, support plans and safeguarding plans.
You will strive to support independence amongst people accessing our services, using our Supporting Lives, Connecting Communities framework and Signs of Safety and Wellbeing practice approach. This approach draws on strengths, resources and networks that people and families have, to identify and build solutions that work for them and respects people as experts in their own lives.
You will be responsible for managing a challenging caseload while operating at all times to the social worker level of Professional Capabilities Framework; this will include completing a range of assessments: Knowledge and Skills Statements for adult social workers and adult social work post-qualifying standards for supervisors 2018.
Whilst you will work within the policy and procedures of the Suffolk County Council under supervision, you are also be expected to exercise a high level of autonomous professional judgement and risk evaluation, taking responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of people accessing ACS services.
The ACS service
We are ambitious in what we want to achieve with you, your team and service in the future. Our focus is on early intervention, recovery and enabling people to live a healthy and independent life for as long as possible; exercising choice and control while ensuring safety, dignity and quality of life.
We have a vision that supports outstanding outcomes for people, by working in new ways with our partners. Suffolk County Council (SCC) through its values and priorities is committed to delivering effective, efficient services and high-quality, person-centred care.
You will hold a key role within a multidisciplinary team comprising of:
- Team Manager
- Senior Practitioners
- Senior Social Workers
- Senior Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Senior Independence and Wellbeing Practitioners
- Independence Wellbeing Practitioners.
We offer you
- an induction to the role, with support from peers and mentors
- ongoing training, to support your personal and professional development
- a free DBS check
- development of integrated teams with community health colleagues
- generous annual leave entitlement.
- flexible working options available to support you, your work-life balance and career
- a relocation scheme for qualifying new employees of up to £8k
- free parking for you as a peripatetic worker
- public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
- a contributory pension scheme
- a benefits scheme that includes childcare voucher salary, sacrifice scheme
- free 24/7 support line, providing general information, counselling and legal advice
- a wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
A relevant social work qualification and Social Work England registration is essential.
For more information about geographical areas and services, please view the ACS map of Suffolk.
For a chat about this role, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
- Nichola Bennett on (01473) 263238 for Adult Safeguarding
- Matthew Finlay on (01473) 263216 for Independence and Wellbeing Service
- Louise Caesar on (01473) 263744 for Ipswich and East Locality
- Kirsty Bailey on (01473) 263447 for Mental Health and Learning Disabilities and Autism
- Julie Baxter on (01502) 674940 for North Locality
- Tracey McCormick on (01284) 758451 for West Locality.
Apply by CV and a short online form and we will support you in finding the right team for you.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.