- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £28,785 - £31,371
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 21 July 2019 11:30 PM
Review and Audit Team, Learning and Disabilities and Autism, Adult and Community Services.
Postition 1: Permanent
Postion 2: Secondment/ Fixed Term for 18 months
If you are passionate about supporting people to be as independent as they can be and enjoy working in partnership with customers, their families, service providers and health colleagues to identify ways to improve outcomes for the people we support, this could be the role for you.
You will be responsible for working with customers, their families and service providers to carry out individual customer reviews. This work involves Direct Payment reviews and supported living whole service reviews, to help us understand our provider market and how we can best use the resources we have.
To be successful in this role, you will need a strong mix of knowledge and skills and a level of resilience.
Adult Social Work is challenging, but it will be continue to be fascinating and very rewarding.
- a supportive team environment
- the best possible support and development to grow your career
- regular professional supervision and appraisals
- a conditional relocation package of up to £8k, to support a potential move to Suffolk.
- flexible working arrangements available
- relocation scheme for qualifying new employees
- free parking for you as a peripatetic worker
- free DBS check (if your registered on the DBS Update Service)
- public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
- a contributory pension scheme
- benefits scheme that includes childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- free 24/7 support line, providing general information, counselling and legal advice
- a wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
Our Workplace Values
Above all, we are seeking a great team member with the right values and behaviours, to ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Achieve – be the best we can be
- Support – work as one team
- Pride – take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – give and earn respect
- Empower – empower, encourage and motivate people.
At Suffolk County Council, we recognise that our staff are our greatest resource and with you in our team, we can achieve one of our authority’s priorities of enabling everyone to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Natalie Moll on 07920 782251.
Flexible Working options available to support you, your work life balance and career.
View the Job and Person Profile for Flexible Working Options and before you apply.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.