- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- *£33,549 - £38,695
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 16 November 2019 11:30 PM
Positions available countywide across Suffolk.
Our children’s social workers are ‘Outstanding’.
If you are looking to grow professionally and further your career in social work, we can offer supportive and pioneering practice where you can make a real difference while enjoying the benefits of living in Suffolk.
We are proud to have created an environment where social workers can achieve the outcomes they came into the profession to do.
In Suffolk, we:
- are one of the leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children’s services are rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted - 'Services for children are of an exceptionally high standard. They are child-focused and make a positive difference to children's lives.' (Ofsted, 2019)
- have a well embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help. ‘Signs of Safety’ enables us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with all the families, colleagues and organisations we are working with
- support flexible working including job share, part time and mobile working
- support career pathways for social workers wishing to progress and develop in front line practice as well as specific interests
- will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children.
A relevant social work qualification and HCPC registration is essential.
* rising to £38,695 (pro rata for part time hours).
All new social workers moving to Suffolk have access to a relocation package of up to £8,000 and a car leasing scheme. We offer an excellent annual leave package of up to 36 days (including bank holidays), subject to length of service.
If you would like to become part of a dynamic and passionate workforce we would welcome your application.
For an informal discussion, please either email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jacquie Gould, Social Care Service Manager on 07717 302476.
Please read the Job and Person Profile, Application Advice and progression scheme before applying for this job, by uploading a CV and completing a short online application form.
For internal applicants only, please complete a statement of interest and return this via email: email@example.com
You will require a minimum of two years' relevant post qualifying social work experience which will be considered as long as you have the support of your line manager and are able answer the four questions on the statement of interest form.
Interview date: 6 December 19
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.