- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 22 April 2019 11:30 PM
Part time and job sharing applicants are welcome.
Quality Assurance and Professional Development Team.
Are you a social work professional with the passion and experience for improving and driving the principles within the adult social care service?
If so, then this is the role for you; working alongside social workers and their managers to influence and improve practice, and to be part of a service where learning and reflection is at the heart of what we do.
This post will be ideal for you, if you are already at team manager level and or senior practitioner within an adults’ social care service, you have a passion for quality assurance and professional development of staff and want the freedom to influence, support and challenge practice, working alongside the social care teams. You will be joining a service committed to service improvements with a supportive management team in place.
You will work alongside other Principal Advisors in the team to manage the audit programmes and create a learning and improvement culture throughout Adult and Community Services (ACS).
Your responsibilities will include:
- supporting practitioners and managers across adult social care services to deliver high-quality services to adults and their carers within a strengths-based practice framework which meets required standards, tested through regular audit programmes and a performance framework which will identify areas of strengths and challenges
- managing the auditing programme working in collaboration with area audits leads
- working closely with colleagues in the ACS and Children and Young People Quality Assurance Team
- ensuring that quality of practice and performance information is used and reported to promote a learning culture in ACS
- line management to members of the team, ensuring high-quality and effective services.
- promotion of changes of culture, policy and practice within the workforce, motivating staff to commit to successful working practices and to achieving the best outcomes for adults, carers and families
- positive celebration of best practice of colleagues and encouraging staff to be proud of success
- developing and updating policies and practice guidance, working in partnership to ensure that developments reflect the needs of frontline practice
- effectively using quality assessment tools and a range of evaluation methods to monitor and feedback on performance, model and share good practice, commissioning research, review policies and undertake planning.
The post is based in Ipswich, Endeavour House but regular travel across the county, as well as some travel regionally and nationally, will be required therefore, you must be willing and able to travel.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Ioana Roberts, Principal Practice Lead for Quality Assurance and Professional Development Team on 07802 869061 or email: ioana.roberts @suffolk.gov.uk
Please read the Job and Person Profile for this post before applying.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job Person Profile.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.