- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £29,636 - £32,878
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 24 May 2019 01:00 PM
Fixed term for 15 months.
The Recruitment, Assessment and Matching Team for Fostering and Adoption are seeking to recruit a Social Worker to join their team.
The team provides a county wide service to recruit, assess and prepare prospective foster carers and adopters, as well as family find for permanence for Children in Care.
Along with the team, you will:
- lead on the recruitment of foster carers and adopters throughout the county
- undertake Fostering Form assessments
- carry out matching and family finding for permanent foster care for Suffolk’s Children in Care
- deliver the Skills to Foster Training, for prospective carers for which you would be part of a rota
- support recruitment events around the county
- support prospective adopters from enquiry through to end the of stage 1
- deliver monthly Adoption Information Evenings which provides prospective adopters with further information about the adoption process for Suffolk.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Claire Gwatkin on (01473) 264920.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.