- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- * £29,636 - £32,878 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 18.5 per week
- Closing date:
- 31 May 2020 11:30 PM
Our Fostering and Adoption Service was rated by Ofsted as “ Outstanding ”.
We are looking to recruit a Social Worker to work within our Permanence Support Team.
We offer a supportive team environment and the chance to work in a creative, forward thinking service. In return, we are looking for people who share our passion for promoting people’s rights and independence and championing new ways of working.
You will be responding to enquiries received in relation to the direct and indirect contact between the adoptive and birth families, working together with the Family Support Practitioners.
You will need all of your social workers skills alongside mediation skills which are a key part of the role being able to offer support to people under stress and upset.
In Suffolk, we:
- are one of the leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children’s services are rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted - 'Services for children are of an exceptionally high standard. They are child-focused and make a positive difference to children's lives.' (Ofsted, 2019)
- have a well embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help. ‘Signs of Safety’ enables us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with all the families, colleagues and organisations we are working with
- support flexible working including job share, part time and mobile working
- support career pathways for social workers wishing to progress and develop in front line practice as well as specific interests
- will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children.
* whilst working as a Social Worker within Children and Young Peoples Services you will receive a retention payment of up to £4000 plus an extra 3 days annual leave.
A relevant social work qualification and Social Work England registration is essential.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only please contact Cathy Biedul on telephone (01473) 265816
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.