- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- See Advert Details
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 30 November 2020 11:30 PM
£30,451 - £33,782 pro rate for part time*
* whilst working as a Social Worker within Children and Young Peoples Services you will receive a retention payment of up to £4000 plus an extra 3 days annual leave.
We are currently recruiting for Social Workers to join our new and expanding specialist social care team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed team which will have responsibility for Connected Persons Fostering, Private Fostering and will also be taking on Special Guardianship Order assessments for the Local Authority in due course.
This will involve working with people from within a child’s network who have put themselves forward as a potential carer. You will complete a range of assessments, from viability assessments, connected carers assessments (combining connected persons fostering and Special Guardianship assessments) and Private fostering assessments, whilst supporting and supervising connected persons foster carer’s and working with private foster carer’s and children in Private Fostering Arrangements.
- prioritise the needs of vulnerable children
- assess, through Viability and Full assessments, potential Connected and SGO carers, and their ability to care for vulnerable children within the Fostering Regulations and National SGO Guidance
- manage and assess potential risk within the placement
- provide assessment reports for Suffolk Fostering Panel and Court within timescales
- support and supervise Connected Persons Foster Carers
- joint working with colleagues and other professionals to promote positive outcomes for children within their family and friends network when it is safe to do so
- attend CIC reviews, placement planning meetings and legal strategy meetings when appropriate
- assess the needs of and risks to children and young people living in private fostering arrangements
- assess the suitability of carers and arrangements for privately fostered children
- assume case responsibility for privately fostered children and young people ensuring that services are provided or arranged proportionate to their needs
- provide ongoing support, advice, and guidance to private foster carers, as required
- engage in activities across the county to raise awareness of Private Fostering including taking responsibility for specific target areas and projects.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
You must hold a relevant qualification and be registered to practice.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.