- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £31,401 (pro rata for part time)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 25 February 2019 01:00 PM
Fixed term / secondment opportunity for up to a year.
A YOS Officer post has become available in the West Youth Offending Service. Full or part time staff applications welcome.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional Officer who is passionate about working with young people to reduce the likelihood of further offending.
You will have:
- considerable relevant experience in working within YOT or similar professional occupation
- the ability to support and supervise less experienced staff through leading practice on safeguarding and risk management
- strong abilities in assessment, planning and intervention and will be required to work within tight time deadlines successfully managing case-load displaying a range of both risk and vulnerability
- demonstrable skills, knowledge and experience of working with young people of varying ages (8-18)
- a good understanding of the many factors that contribute to offending behaviour
- the ability to work pro-actively with resistance by constructively challenging and supporting young people and their parents / carers.
There will be an expectation to cover court duties as well as working flexibly, some evening and weekend work will be expected to meet the demands of the service.
Please read the job and person profile before applying for this post.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact: Lin Clancy, Operational Manager on (01284) 758242 or email email@example.com
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.