- Executive Support
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £35,485 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 25 October 2020 11:30 PM
Role Snapshot… Do you have experience of providing strategic and operational business support to senior leaders? Are you organised and committed to effective organisational delivery? Then read on...
What you could be part of…
When two of the country's most successful and innovative district councils decide to form a single paid service, excitement and expectations are bound to run high.
Broadland and South Norfolk, two Councils at the heart of a great county and sharing a bold vision for the future, are looking for a Business and Executive Assistant to provide strategic support to our Director of Resources and senior management team.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for you to come in and hit the ground running. We need someone with experience of providing strategic, operational and agile business coordination support at a senior and strategic level, supporting the Resources Directorate and its Director. You’ll be:
- Acting as the key point of contact for the Director – ensuring that priorities are well managed, alongside making key decisions on their behalf.
- Liaising and working with the Corporate Management Leadership Team, senior officers and members to effectively plan and deliver the council’s priority projects and initiatives, including co-ordinating Directorate performance management, transformation programme and business planning processes.
- Working with members, senior officers and partner organisations, to underpin effective strategic direction of Directorate services and delivery of key initiatives.
- Providing strategic and proactive diary management support.
Acting as a ‘One Team’ champion, supporting and embedding the ‘two councils, one team’ culture and ethos across the organisation
You must have…
Demonstrable experience of providing strategic and operational business support to senior managers
Proven experience of leading and implementing continuous improvement and change management
Demonstrable experience of administrative support including proactive diary and email management to senior officers
Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in similar executive support role
Project Management qualification or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Hannah Ralph, Chief of Staff on 01508 533942 firstname.lastname@example.org or Debbie Lorimer, Director of Resources on 01508 533981 email@example.com for more information.
Interview date: Thursday 29 October 2020