- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton
- Salary details:
- £19,100 - £19,960 pro rata, per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Various hours available per week
- Closing date:
- 06 July 2022 11:30 AM
Love being busy; working in a fast-paced operational team?
Working within the busy Place Directorate Business Support team at South Norfolk & Broadland Councils. You will be friendly, polite and professional. Every day will bring a variety of work so you will need the ability to multi-task, have great communication skills and enjoy problem solving. This role will never be dull and there will always be plenty to do!
What you could be part of…
Our Business Support Team provide admin support for the Regulatory, Building Control, Planning and Land Charges services within the Directorate, working closely with officers to ensure that we provide an excellent and efficient service both internally and externally to residents and businesses. Maintaining our systems to the highest standard and enabling the Council to meet their statutory obligations to protect, enhance and keep our communities safe and vibrant.
Working here would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Taking calls and dealing with emails from residents, customers and businesses on a daily basis
- Responding to routine correspondence and enquiries from members of the public, suppliers and staff
- Updating any record systems to ensure correspondence is logged with accuracy and as necessary.
- Dealing with any incoming post appropriately and in a timely manner
- Printing/scanning/filing records and documents accurately.
- Provide administrative support to the services of the directorate(s).
- Raising invoices and purchase orders and undertake reconciliation and goods receipting as required.
- Working across the business support team to provide admin support when required.
You must have…
- NVQ Level 2 or above in business administration is desirable or relevant experience
- Proven adaptability and willingness to multi-task, manage workloads and prioritise effectively
- Evidence of developed administrative skills with the ability to operate a variety of IT systems at one time with proficient knowledge of a range of computer packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Excellent communication skills with a professional and confident telephone manner and evidence of dealing with customers through a variety of channels
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Jo Howard on 01508 535302 or firstname.lastname@example.org to answer these for you.
Closing date: 6 July 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 11 July 2022