- Council Tax and NNDR
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £26,493 per annum pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 07 July 2020 11:30 PM
Other key information: Successful applicants may be required to work at either our Long Stratton offices or in Thorpe St Andrew.
Do you enjoy being challenged, investigating, learning new skills, working in a team and dealing with customers?
Two Council’s One Team
Broadland and South Norfolk Councils are in a partnership with staff working together for both Council’s. This is an exciting time to join our organisation as you will help us build our one team ethos.
What you could be part of…
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
This job will require you to work across both council’s identifying and investigating all forms of potential fraud or error and minimising financial loss to the authorities.
You will as be directed to analyse data within the Housing and Benefits, Revenue and Finance Teams to identify and deal with any potential fraud and error matters. You will need to learn relevant legislation, systems and processes to be able to correctly assess the relevant data.
You will need to work efficiently and accurately to ensure that fraud and error is identified and reduced wherever possible.
Good people skills are very important as this role both internally and externally when dealing with customers or outside agencies.
You must have…
Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills (evidenced by at least five GCSEs or equivalent to include Maths and English) is important. Ideally you will have some experience of investigation, interviewing, data analysing and have previous Council Tax, business rates or general administration experience.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Bob Harvey, 01508 533900 to answer these for you.
Interview date: 15 July 2020.