- Allocation and Homeless Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £11,506 per annum (FTE £19,177)
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 22.2 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 29 October 2020 11:30 PM
No day the same, making positive change
Two Councils - One Team
South Norfolk and Broadland Councils are in a partnership with employees working together for both Councils. This is an exciting time to join our organisation as you will help us build our one-team ethos.
Do you like working directly with people and being part of busy team? Are you committed to providing great customer service and driven to make a difference in people lives?...then read on...
What you could be part of…
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of our Housing and Benefits service who and have a great track record of helping to prevent homelessness and providing an excellent Housing Options service
What you’ll be doing…
- You would be the first point of contact for customers seeking help with their housing, helping resolve the customers issues where possible or ensuring they are referred to another service quickly if needed
- Undertake a range of administrative work to support the work of Housing and Help Hub teams ensuring that customers have seamless access to a wide range of support
- Keep excellent records of customer contacts and outcomes while ensuring that information is recorded and shared within GDPR rules
- Provide excellent customer service to a high number of customers with a housing need
- Provide support to book appointments, undertake background research or gather information to enable effective decisions to be made
- Support colleagues in the housing and benefits team with administrative work such as scanning documents and updating case notes
- Be provided with support and training on important housing topics
You must have…
5 GCSEs A-C grade or equivalent, or able to demonstrate ability at this level. Have an ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines with a high level of attention to detail. Experience of developing and implementing procedures working in a team. Occasional travel to temporary accommodation properties may be required.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Dave Neville on 01508 533742 to answers these for you.
Interview date: week commencing 02 November 2020
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.