- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Ketteringham Depot, Ketteringham
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 04 July 2021 11:30 PM
What you’ll be doing…
As part of our high-quality service, you will be ensuring our vehicles and equipment are inspected, serviced, maintained and repaired to a highest standard possible. Attention to detail is key to help deliver the best possible service each week across the district for our residents and businesses.
What you could be part of…
We are proud that our Workshop team keeping our 30+ HGVs and 25+ LGVs safe and fully functioning is in house. We are one of the few Councils in Norfolk to directly employ our own staff, which allows the flexibility to provide a great service.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Studying towards A Level 3 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance and repair
- Assist in diagnostic fault testing
- Inspecting, servicing and repairing large and light goods vehicles and trailers
- Helping to organise the workshops, maintaining safe working environments
You must have…
- Educated to GCSE Level (A-C)
- Full Clean Driving Licence, or willingness to undertake
- Good attention to detail and a great customer service.
- A commitment to completing paperwork accurately and to a high standard.
- Motivation, a good team player and be flexible with your approach towards work.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team and committed to health and safety
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. You will have regular reviews with your line manager and develop a personal development plan, and opportunities to undertake training. We also support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Ryan Hayes on 01508 533930 to answer these for you.
This advert will close once sufficient applications have been received