- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £17,141 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 25 October 2021 11:30 PM
Salary and Hours: Circa £17,141 per annum, 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term for 2 Years
Location: Long Stratton, close to Norwich
Love being busy, working in a fast-paced operational team?
This role involves working to support the busy CNC business Support Team for Building Control.
You will be friendly, polite and professional. Every day will bring a variety of work so you will need the ability to multi-task, with an excellent telephone manner and enjoy problem solving. This role will never be dull and there will always be plenty to do!
What you could be part of…
Our Business Support team provide a technical and administrative service to the Building control surveyors, dealing with Building Notices, property search requests and calls from builders needing their building work inspected by our professional surveyors.
Ensuring that our systems are maintained to the highest standard to enable the Councils to meet their statutory obligations to protect, enhance and keep our communities safe and vibrant.
Working here would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Assisting with incoming communication, including telephone and correspondence
- Provide administrative support to the services of the directorate(s).
- Check and verify customer requests, updating and maintaining computer systems as necessary.
- Raise sales ledger invoices and purchase orders and undertake reconciliation and goods receipting as required.
- Assist in the implementation of new and improving existing office systems, to meet the overall directorate objectives and service area requirements.
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from members of the public, suppliers and staff
- Provide document scanning and indexing services.
- Study for a technical qualification with the professional body – Level 3 in Business Administration.
You must have…
- Good general level of education including GCSE maths & English (Grade A-C) or equivalent
- Some basic administrative experience in a similar or related role or basic knowledge of chosen apprenticeship
- Demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for the areas in which the apprenticeship is based
- Good IT skills with a knowledge range of computer packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Evidence of confident communication skills and telephone manner.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Kim Woodhouse on 01508 533846 or Jo Howard on 0808 1685041 to answer these for you.