- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £18,328 to £19,099 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 09 October 2022 11:30 PM
Fixed Term for two years
Are you looking to kick-start your career working and help people through the cost of living increase?
While studying towards a level 3 apprenticeship in Business Administration, you will gain experience in helping support customers in financial hardship as part of our Financial Wellbeing Team.
As well as developing the skills and knowledge for a career in business administration you will have the opportunity to build a raft of knowledge in welfare benefits, money advice and broader advice topics. This opportunity gives you the chance to be a central part of the Councils’ response to the cost of living increase and make a real difference to people in need.
What you could be part of
The Help Hub is a multi-disciplinary service which supports over 4000 households each year. The service is growing and the number of people needing support to overcome financial difficulties is rising. As such we are strengthening our Financial Wellbeing Team. This team looks at customers’ needs holistically, tackling debt alongside the issues that cause or exacerbate financial hardship.
The team support people to overcome financial challenges and achieve stability and provides broader support around management skills, employment options and life skills.
The service currently consists of specialists in Debt Advice and Welfare Rights Advice as well as support staff that work on a one-to-one basis with vulnerable customers to increase their budgeting and money management skills. This new apprenticeship role will provide vital administrative support to this team.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you will be doing
- Supporting the coordination, and administration of the information systems relating to the Financial Wellbeing Team and wider Help Hub.
- Assist in the production of the monthly key performance indicators for the service.
- Liaise with other agencies, internal teams and customers to undertake background research and gather additional information to enable effective decisions to be made on how to support customers.
- Provide clerical support to teams, such as room bookings, meeting support, event organising, data collation, to support both internal and external functions and events that promote partnership working and awareness raising.
- Provide administrative support on debt, budgeting and welfare rights casework.
- Support the marketing and communication of Help Hub through updating social media, maintaining levels of marketing information, preparing event material.
- Support events and meetings out in the community to assist in the safe and efficient running of them.
You must have
- Four GCSEs (A – C / 4 – 9) / Level 4 including Maths and English (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of working with children and/or young people.
- The ability to work within a varied team as well as evidencing capability to work independently.
- Experience of completing set tasks, following procedure and using initiative when required.
- The ability to demonstrate good customer service as well as professional communication skills that you can adapt to the required audience.
- The desire and commitment to study for and undertake required training.
- A current driving licence
What’s in it for you
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible).
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions.
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme- with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme.
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training.
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need.
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
If you have questions about the role, please contact Liam Pickering email@example.com
Please apply online for this role via our website.