- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 21 October 2021 11:30 PM
Salary and Hours: Circa £31,120 per annum, 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Role Snapshot… To provide a responsive/reactive business support service including sign-posting, providing advice on funding and grants, skills and training, compliance etc. Deliver tailored support to the tourism sector including individual businesses and Destination Marketing Organisations. Design and deliver activities including workshops and seminars. Engage with a wide range of business and stakeholders and undertake a range of economic development projects.
What you could be part of…
Broadland District and South Norfolk Councils work in collaboration to deliver key services that our residents, communities and businesses value the most.
What you’ll be doing…
- Provide a responsive/reactive business support service including sign-posting (to other relevant services), providing advice on funding and grants, skills and training, compliance etc.
- Deliver tailored support to tourism sector including individual businesses and Destination Marketing Organisations (DMOs).
- Design and deliver proactive business support activities, including workshops, seminars etc. on a one-to-one and one-to-many basis
- Provide support, and participate in existing and emerging business groups/clusters which contribute to the economic growth in the Districts and beyond
- Work proactively and collaboratively with other service areas in the Councils (e.g. planning, regulatory and licensing services) to leverage the maximum support for businesses
- Seek opportunities to work collaboratively with, and leverage resources from other organisations to deliver improved business support services
- Design, delivery and administration of grant programmes to businesses
- Systematically gather and record business intelligence, using it to inform the design and delivery of support activities
- Maximise the use of the Council’s communication channels to provide current and relevant information to businesses
- Work closely with colleagues from the broader team to design and deliver projects and programmes
You must have…
- Educated to degree standard or relevant experience in a business support/economic development related role.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current business and social enterprise legislation and issues at a national, regional and local level.
- Experience of successfully delivering a range of business and social enterprise engagement projects with an economic development focus.
- Experience of developing projects and working collaboratively with external companies, agencies or organisations to secure external funding.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments across the Councils.
- 71-85% of this role’s time will be spend on external communication.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.