- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £22,571 per annum, pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 22.2 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 12 August 2021 01:00 PM
Do you want to make a difference?
Role Snapshot… Working for South Norfolk and Broadland Councils you will be the ‘face’ of the Help Hub service, interfacing with residents and assisting them to resolve difficulties affecting their health and wellbeing. You will work both in the community and in GP surgeries, assisting people who have presented at the surgery with non-clinical problems.
What you could be part of…
As the NHS, Local Authorities and the Voluntary Sector increase their capacity for joint working to meet the multiple needs in the community, this post represents an addition to an established team that has been working for three years to address the social needs that denote the wider determinants of health. Full training and mentoring will be provided within an established and supportive team.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Taking referrals from a variety of partners and stakeholders
- Interviewing residents and assessing needs
- Supporting residents in the medium term to access the help and support they need
- Liaising with a variety of statutory and voluntary agencies to create an effective plan of support for residents in need.
You must have… Experience of delivering support in a community setting, experience of dealing with people in distress, a rudimentary knowledge of common mental health problems, a willingness to learn, personal resilience, a full driving license and access to a vehicle for work purposes. An acquaintance with benefits systems, a rudimentary knowledge of welfare rights and some experience in a similar or related area of work are desirable.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Mark Deveney on 01508 533747, email@example.com to answer these for you.
Closing date: 30th July 2021
Interview date: 12th August 2021
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.