- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £19,961 – £23,493 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 28 June 2022 11:30 PM
Do you want to make a difference?
Role Snapshot… Working for South Norfolk and Broadland Councils you will be working within the Help Hub and Communities Team. You will be working directly with individuals and families to ascertain need, assisting in the assessment and triage of incoming cases to the Help Hub, assisting in the delivery of Council events and forging strong relationships with local community groups and networks.
What you could be part of…
District Councils are working to ensure that all residents are availed of the support they need to live safe, happy and productive lives. Work is required to ensure that inequalities are addressed at a very local level and that communities are engaged in building networks of mutual support promoting pride in place. The Councils are committed to bringing the Help Hub and Communities services to individuals, families and communities in the districts. This post will be key in extending the reach of the service.
Full training and mentoring will be provided within an established and highly supportive team.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Making contact with local residents both by telephone and in person
- Answering telephone calls from residents and other agencies
- Visiting community groups to promote the work of the help hub
- Assisting with the co-ordination and delivery of Council events
- Working directly with residents to identify or meet needs
You must have…
- Experience of working in a community setting
- A basic ability in IT
- A kind and empathetic approach to others
- Excellent communication skills
- A good standard of literacy
- Ability to organise own workload
- A full driving license
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Mark Deveney at email@example.com to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role via our website.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
If you want to learn more about the Councils, then please visit our joint website- South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils Website
This post will require a high degree of geographical mobility so a full driving license and access to transport is essential.