- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Ketteringham Depot, Ketteringham
- Salary details:
- £19,100 to £19,960 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 29 June 2022 11:30 PM
Please note: this is a temporary Fixed Term Contract up to 16 January 2023
This is a key role in helping the councils deliver excellent waste services, including waste collection, pest control, bulky goods, commercial waste and street cleaning. Excellent telephone skills are needed as you will be part of the call centre for approx 50% of each working day. You will also undertake a range of administrative tasks, ensuring accuracy of data at all times.
What you could be part of…
We are one of the few in-house waste collection services in Norfolk and proud to deliver a service of collection of refuse, recycling and garden waste to the 65,000 properties in the district. This job involves being the first point of contact for all our residents in relation to all the services we offer at the depot.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…..
- Providing an effective first contact resolution to all contact from residents relating to the waste services
- Provide and maintain administrative support including word processing, reports, Excel, filing and database recording and monitoring systems, ensuring accuracy of data at all times.
- Raise sales ledger invoices and purchase orders including reconciliation and goods receipting.
You must have:
- Previous experience of working with the public
- Ability to deal with a high volume of calls daily
- Resilience to deal with issues and complaints
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to work as part of a team and experience of working under own initiative
- Good IT skills
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, a personal development plan and training opportunities
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Graeme on email@example.com to answer these for you.