- Food, Safety and Licensing Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £35,485 (pro rata) per annum
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 29.6 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 03 July 2020 11:30 PM
Come and be a part of something special: our dynamic new team protecting the public and stimulating business confidence in greater Norwich, a great place to live and work
Do you enjoy the feeling of a job well done in a dynamic professional environment? Making a real difference with your training as an environmental health officer to protect the public and promote business confidence and growth? Then read on...
What you could be part of…
Our services from two councils have come together as one team, focussed on making the rapidly growing South Norfolk and Broadland districts a fantastic place to live and succeed in business.
Our small food and safety team looks after compliance and public safety in over 2,300 food businesses and many non-food businesses in South Norfolk and Broadland.
Working here enables you to be part of a new organisation, focussed on developing high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to provide the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Providing advice and guidance to businesses on food safety and health and safety at work
- Carrying out inspections of food hygiene and workplace safety, ensuring legal standards are met
- Investigating food and hygiene complaints, infectious disease notifications, reported accidents
- Delivering a full range of regulatory, intervention and enforcement actions
- Undertaking sampling, special projects, promotional and training activity
You must have…
A degree or equivalent formal qualification in Environmental Health, and EHORB registration. Specialist knowledge and experience delivering food safety official controls in a local authority working environment. Excellent communication skills, a can-do approach and a passion for helping businesses to succeed.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Paula Skitt on 01603 430576 to answer these for you.
Interview date: w/c 20th July 2020