- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £45,718 - £50,928 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per wek
- Closing date:
- 08 October 2021 11:30 PM
Environmental Protection Officer
Salary and Hours: Circa £45,718 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Long Stratton, close to Norwich, NR15 2XE and Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
Come and be a leading player in our journey
What you could be part of…
Broadland District and South Norfolk are two councils working in collaboration to enhance the quality of life for our communities in beautiful Norfolk. We are well-positioned strategically, have a long history of working together and have already achieved significant economic growth. We have great teams, we’re continuing to build on our strong partnerships through the present challenging climate, and we are committed to delivering the best services and outcomes possible. That’s where you come in.
What you’ll be doing… As our Environmental Protection Manager, you’ll oversee and innovate the strong protection of our communities and environmental quality. This is a key role in shaping and organising high-quality service delivery, driving support and seeking opportunities for improvement across two districts. Your work will be customer-oriented and outcome-focused, and you’ll need to keep people at the heart of everything you do.
You must have… We need you to be an expert in community and environmental protection. You’ll need a degree or equivalent in Environmental Health, and substantial post-qualification professional experience. You’ll also have a proven track record of managing professionals, creating a positive working culture, delivering projects and change, and challenging both yourself and others constructively to find new ways to make a real impact.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the role, or would like to arrange an informal chat please email email@example.com including the words ‘Environmental Protection Manager’ in the subject line.
To formally apply for this role, please upload your CV and a covering letter (maximum of three pages) via the below link via our website.
Closing date: 8 October 2021
Interview date: 14th October 2021