- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £19,961 - £23,493 per annum, pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 hours or 14.8 hours
- Closing date:
- 29 May 2022 11:30 PM
Do you enjoy working in a team and dealing with customers?
Role Snapshot… This role involves being part of a fast-paced team dealing with the public. You will be friendly, polite and professional - having a good eye for detail. Every day will bring a variety of work so you will need the ability to multi-task, with an excellent telephone manner and enjoy problem solving. This role will enable you to be at the forefront of incoming Council Tax queries.
What you could be part of…
Broadland and South Norfolk Councils are in a partnership with staff working together for both Councils. This is an exciting time to join our organisation, as you will help us continue to build our one team ethos.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- This post will be a first point of contact for Council Tax queries with the main part of the job taking phone calls from customers but also dealing with correspondence as well and some face to face enquiries.
- You will deal with billing, collection and recovery of Council Tax and will process changes of address and circumstances on Council Tax accounts. You will need to learn relevant legislation to be able to correctly process changes.
- You will need to work efficiently and accurately to ensure customer’s changes and notifications are processed to a high level.
- Good people skills are very important as this role involves negotiating with residents who are behind with payments and helping them understand their bills, as well as explaining Council Tax rules and regulations.
- Have good literacy, numeracy and IT skills (evidenced by at least five GCSEs or equivalent to include Maths and English) is important. To complement our high achieving team you will also demonstrate excellent customer service skills and should ideally possess previous Council Tax, Business Rates or general administration and customer service experience.
- NVQ level 2 or above in customer care, or equivalent qualification with relevant experience in relevant customer facing environment
- Experience in dealing with busy phonelines is preferred, as your important role will ensure an understanding of the nature of contact and deal with the query at source or ascertain what action is required.
- Ensure an excellent customer service and that enquiries are dealt with, in a timely and professional manner
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact –
Rory Jackson (Monday to Wednesdays): firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Pratt (Thursday and Fridays): email@example.com
or Tony Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org
who can answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role via our website: www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk.