- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Long Stratton Leisure Centre, Norwich; South Norfolk House, Long Stratton
- Salary details:
- £26,493 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 30 January 2022 11:30 PM
Are you passionate about people using physical activity to improve their health?
Role Snapshot… You will oversee and develop the Broadly Active Exercise Referral scheme to ensure there is a high quality exercise on prescription programme available to residents with chronic health conditions. You will be responsible for ensuring the scheme meets all funding requirements and offers an equitable service across the funded footprint
What you could be part of…
The Communities team provides a range of services for residents which include; engaging with community groups, delivering a holiday scheme for young people, providing physical activity opportunities for those with stable health conditions, building bespoke support packages for vulnerable people, facilitating grant programs including our Community at Heart Lottery, processing information for Assets of Community Value (ACV) and enabling a variety of events to take place.
The team puts the resident first. Our aim is to enable communities to flourish and the projects we deliver and facilitate are key to this ethos.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Ensuring the provision of exercise referral for residents with complex chronic health conditions in all areas funding has been provided and that the programme meets all contractual demands.
- Developing the Broadly Active project to ensure it remains effective, efficient and relevant.
- Fostering and maintaining relationships with referring parties and delivery partners.
- Overseeing other community activity projects that help address inactivity, raise physical and mental wellbeing and improve access to services. Ensuring the signposting of and supporting the marketing of our offering to existing groups.
- Ensuring that all Council run physical activity projects adhere to national guidelines, relevant legislation, best practice and the contracted requirements of funders, working with stakeholders and managers to demonstrate this.
- Maintaining a duty of care for all referred clients. Being responsible for the safeguarding, wellbeing, data protection, health and safety of all clients attending classes or sessions.
- Working with partner organisations to ensure residents have access to health and wellbeing opportunities.
You must have…
- Demonstrable experience in health promotion, particularly with regard to increasing physical activity
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering a project within budget and to the required standards
- Experience of developing partnerships in the public, voluntary or commercial sectors
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A demonstrable understanding of behaviour change and ‘Make Every Contact Count’ (MECC) principles
- The ability to drive, carrying small amounts of equipment where necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage key relationships, internally and externally.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Dan Goodwin on 01603 430563 to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role via our website.
Closing date: Sunday 30th January or when sufficient applications have been received
Interview date: Thursday 10th February
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.