- South Norfolk Council
- Place of work:
- Norwich; South Norfolk House, Long Stratton
- Salary details:
- Starting salary £27,000 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 17 June 2019 09:00 AM
Fixed term contract or secondment opportunity for 12 months.
Broadland District Council and South Norfolk Council have embarked on an exciting and ambitious new journey towards collaborative working which will culminate in the establishment of one officer team supporting two autonomous authorities.
As part of this work we are creating a new project to support those who are homeless, rough sleeping or at risk of losing their accommodation. This is an opportunity to help end rough sleeping across our two districts, working closely with a range of partner agencies and offering real help to those in need of accommodation and support.
You will have the opportunity create and shape this new service and these roles would appeal to anyone with an interest in and knowledge of homelessness, particularly rough sleeping and support working. Previous experience of working within these areas would be essential.
Key tasks within the roles are:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients who are homeless/rough sleeping
- Working with them, the housing teams and partners to identify goals and needs and securing accommodation
- Provide continued support, encouragement and advocacy to clients as a single point of contact
- Working together seamlessly as one team; ensuring cover over the two districts, particularly during annual leave and allocation of cases based on complexity
- Carrying a managed caseload of clients who are homeless/rough sleeping with multiple and complex needs - Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Support Worker (Complex Needs) only
Workers will be co-located across both districts and are expected to work together seamlessly as one team including the allocation of cases based on complexity and ensuring cover over the two districts, particularly during annual leave. This will be with line management support.
Please state clearly on your application form which position you are applying for.
If you would like to know more about these positions, please contact Victoria Parsons on (01603) 430457 or David Neville on (01508) 533742.
To apply, please visit: www.broadland.gov.uk
Interview date: 20 June 2019.